Max-i Association is a group of companies working together to promote and develop the Max-i fieldbus. Max-i Association manages and
publishes the Max-i specification and the Plant Numbering System (“PNS”) belonging to it, provide technical
support to the members, and promote Max-i for example by advertising, press releases, participation on technical fairs, trade shows and exhibitions
and by means of this homepage. Max-i Association also publishes an e-mail newsletter and provides the members with a vendor identification code.
Max-i Association is open to vendors, who manufacture, or exhibit well-documented plans to manufacture, hardware and/or software products that
integrate Max-i technologies. It is also open to educational institutions and advisors.
Only members of Max-i Association are allowed to make products for sale, which include Max-i technology and/or intellectual properties.
However, everybody in entitled to:
- Download the specification.
- Use the specification for non-commercial use.
- Use, install or resell products with Max-i technology designed and manufactured by others.
- Use Max-i specification and technology as a sub-contractor to a Max-i Association member company.
- Participate in public events like Max-i workshops.
There are two classes of membership with different entitlements:
- Regular. This class offers the following nontransferable, nonexclusive rights:
- Right to make, have made, sell and have sold products, which include Max-i technology.
- Royalty free use of final, approved specifications, intellectual properties of Max-i Association and the Max-i logo.
- Early access to new versions of the Max-i specification.
- Participation in interoperability and marketing events.
- Participation in developers conferences, working groups and member meetings.
- Discount on participation fee for public events.
- Reception of Max-i Association e-mail newsletter for members.
- Free technical support by e-mail and limited technical support by phone.
- Free vendor identification code.
- Free hotlink from www.max-i.org to own homepage.
The annual membership fee for regular members is 400 Euro (approximately 570 USD) + VAT multiplied by the cuberoot of the number of employees -
for example 2856 Euro + VAT for a company with 364 employees (cuberoot = 7.14). In this way, the membership fee is approximately doubled (2.154) each
time the number of employees gets 10 times bigger. For educational institutions (non-profit), the number of employees is set to 1.
- Principal. As Regular, but also offers the following nontransferable, nonexclusive rights:
- A seat on the Max-i Association Board of Directors.
- Voting right on all specifications and decisions concerning Max-i Association.
The annual fee for principal members are 35,000 Euro (approximately 50,000 USD) + VAT plus a first year initiation fee of 35,000 Euro + VAT.
Only companies, which have been a regular member for at least one year, can be a Principal member. In case a company is owned by a parent company
or companies in any other way are affiliated, only one Principal member is allowed from companies in that group, incorporation or establishment.
All fees covers a 12-month period calculated from the 1st of January, April, July or October.
How to Join
- Read the Bylaws of Max-i Assosiation.
- Download the Application Form, print it in two copies and duly sign both.
- Send all pages of both copies by mail (not electronic) to:
Upon receipt of your completed documents and the approval of your application, the chairman of Max-i Association will sign both copies and return
one to you together with a membership invoice. Your membership and all rights and privileges og membership will not come into force before this invoice
has been pain.
This page is updated May 12th 2011